Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A LOVELY SUMMER DAY AT THE GETTY WITH FRIENDS

I spent the afternoon yesterday at the Getty Center with Tiffany, an old college friend I only get to see every few years since she moved to the East Coast. Me, Tiffany, her foster son James, and her Mom all enjoyed the food, the views, the architecture, the gardens, and the art (especially the sexy Paul Outerbridge photography exhibit). The Getty supplies free umbrellas while you roam around - perfect for sun shade any time of year and even rain protection for the few drops we get annually. I have to say that walking around with the umbrella definitely made me feel cooler. And it brought out my hidden diva side I tend to forget about too. :-) Something about walking around with a parasol that just makes you walk a bit more regal and put a little bit more swoosh in your step.

Getty_UmbrellaLadies

Photo credit: © Lydia Marcus 2009 / www.lydiamarcus.com
Photographed July 28, 2009 in Los Angeles, CA

No comments: