Tuesday, July 7, 2009

BACKYARD BASH

Saturday I had my 2nd Annual 4th of July BBQ and Pool Party. Preparing for the party and having friends and family over kept me busy so I didn't have as much time to focus on missing Lucy. I bbq'd traditional burgers and hot dogs, and everyone snacked on fresh fruit, cheese, guacamole, homemade potato salad (thanks Ros!) and we had tons of desserts like homemade brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and lemon bars (thanks Jeff!), and Canter's cookies (yummy - thanks Paul and Zelde). The weather was perfect for hanging out all day in the pool and jacuzzi.

Here are some photos from the day. Most of these came from my trusty Sony Cyber-shot U DSC-U60, a long in the tooth (circa 2003) but still awesome 2 megapixel waterproof camera.

S & Me


Jon, Jeff, and Me


S' sister Sonya


Patti and Me


Tina & Val


"Libbit Ladies" - Donna, Liz, and Michelle


My Dad, Michelle, Val, Tina, Adam, & Donna


Tara, Tina, Val, & Patti


Jeff - baker extraordinaire. His lemon bars should be illegal!


Amy & S before and after Jeff cannon-balled them!!! :-) Pure hilarity in action!!!





My Dad taking a break from the sun


S & Sonya's Dad (and my adopted Dad) George regaling a jacuzzi full of girls with a funny ad from the 99 cents store that had a top 10 Best and Worst Father's Day gifts ad. The Best and Worst turned out to be the 99 cent condoms. We all had a good laugh, but George's storytelling and presentation made it truly funny.


S & Sonya's Mom (and my adopted Mom) Joyce cooled her feet off in the pool.


Masha ("MEOW!!") and Amy


Sonya, S & Joyce


Sonya & S battle it out underwater - racing from the shallow to deep end


Patti & Me comparing our painted toenails.


Patti, Sonya & Lucia


Amy, Lucia, Patti, Masha, S, Jeff & Jon


Some of the food!




No comments: