Thursday, October 23, 2008

THE MAGICAL WIENERMOBILE

"Oh, I'd love to be an Oscar Mayer wiener.
That is what I'd truly like to be.
'Cause if I were an Oscar Mayer wiener,
Everyone would be in love with me.
Oh, I'm glad I'm not an Oscar Mayer wiener.
That is what I'd never want to be.
Cause if I were an Oscar Mayer wiener.
There would soon be nothing left of me!"



Last Thursday while driving down Fallbrook in Woodland Hills to go to the Laemmle to see "Appaloosa" with S, I spotted the Weinermobile in the Fallbrook Mall parking lot. This is only the second time I've seen the Weinermobile and unfortunately BOTH times I was running late to my destination. My first one I had to take off a shot from my car, and this time, I only had a couple minutes to spare before getting to the movie. DRAT. Luckily I had my Sony T100 in the car, did a mad dash to take a couple shots, pose as an Oscar Meyer weiner, grab the coupons, sticker, and free Weinermobile shaped whistle they were handing out, poke my head inside to see the interior, and scurry over to the theater to see the movie. I'm so lucky I got to see this unique piece of Americana again, I just wish I could have savored the Weinermobile a little longer.

Me & S get our mustard on!


Me posed next to the big Weinermobile.


Weinermobile Fun Facts!



Weiner Interior.



Weinermobile photos by Lydia Marcus
Photographed October 16, 2008 in Woodland Hills, CA

For more info about the Wienermobile go to http://brands.kraftfoods.com/oscarmayer/omm_wienermobile.htm

No comments: