Thursday, April 24, 2008

SIMPLIFY

In an effort to make my blog more accessible and easier to navigate, I've added a few tweaks this week.

Some new features, you can now:

- Search This Blog

- Subscribe to Posts through various RSS feeds

- Subscribe to blog posts via Email

Just look to the right hand column of the blog (just under the self-portrait Polaroid of moi) and you will find these new features.

And I've also simplified my own life by starting to subscribe to the blogs I read on a regular basis. I now use Google Reader and it's AMAZING how much faster I can view new blog posts in one easy browser! I'm also saving my hands and fingers from excessive extra mouse clicks now that I don't have to launch all these blogs in separate Safari tabs. I can't recommend Google Reader enough.

And I've also begun subscribing to FeedBurner, a free service that will help me publicize my blog, format my content so many different readers can access my blog, and it will help me track and analyze traffic to fotonomous. If you run your own blog, definitely check out FeedBurner (yet another great Google acquisition).

So please keep on coming back to fotonomous and I'll get up as much new content - stories and photos - as I can every week.

Making my blog better and my online surfing life easier makes me smile. It makes Gypsy - a friend's dog - smile too. :-)

Photo of Gypsy taken on April 22, 2008 in Encino, CA

No comments: